Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Sacred Bleed

As a Womban, I bleed. And I feel this sacred contract I signed long ago come alive each time the moon brings my flow. I am honored to shed a lining that no longer serves me, and give it to the Earth so that she can be nourished by me. It's a gift that's only given to Womban and some of us don't see it as such. Instead some believe the lies we've be told and they dread this time when their bodies unfold. It's been hidden and hushed and quieted down. There is a reason for all this I won't tell you right now. Instead I'll share with you only My perspective, and if you like it then it's because you too see, it's a gift to be a Womban. It's a gift to bleed. 

When we are only just forming in our mothers womb we are given all the eggs we will ever pass through or grow in our womb. We are holding the bloodline the lineage of our entire family in future to become. We are housing the future. Yes that's what I said. I think it's an honor to honor each dead. For each time we bleed we are saying goodbye to what was a possible life. 

And it seems to me that we would benefit much by honoring the gift we've been given as such. Seeing our pains as an opening for us to become greater, to be so much more. What if we looked at our preparation to bleed as an act of love instead of suffering? What if we held ourselves like babies and sang to ourselves in a tender embrace? What if we talk with our Sisters in need and share our blood stories and grow as we bleed? 

I find peace as pieces of me come out of my body as I shed and I bleed. I release all that's unnecessary for me, as I release all these old pieces of me. I gather my blood in my diva cup, or on socks, or sometimes I sit and I bleed upon rocks. I gather my blood in a vessel at home, I take it with me when I'm out and about and I feel empowered to know what I carry with me. 

So what do I do when I'm done with my bleed, with my moon, with my sacred ceremony of release? I give thanks for the seeds that were once inside me and I honor them all for what they gifted to me as I held them in the sacred space of my womb. I honor the life that could have been, by honoring the birth that I've given within. A birth to a more divine Womban in me. A birth to a Love awakened indeed. A birth to more gifts I'll eventually bleed as they grow and evolve and transform within me... Back to the Earth Mother I give all these seeds. My blood nourishes her body as her fruits nourish me. So I give what I bleed so that she may feed and make compost to nourish all her seeds. 

Sometimes my children do this ceremony with me, sometimes by myself in ceremony. It is so sacred a thing to give back the life that she has given to me. Oh Pachamama I'm thankful to bleed! Oh Pachamama I'm thankful to bleed! 


So there you have it. Think what you think I'm not judging anyone. Just sharing my thoughts about my menses and the deep appreciation I have for my blood. I find it freeing to swat and bleed on the Earth. I find strength in the act. I find that I walk in a softer and yet more stable way on this Earth since I have truly stepped into this sacred mooning. The songs of her soul I hear clearer now. The words and her messages come to me more often and with a greater clarity. I'm learning so much by honoring me as I cherish this gift that's been given to me in the divine beauty it is to bleed and to bleed and to bleed and to bleed. 

(Sometimes I think about painting Warrioress lines on my cheeks so that all others know that it's my time to bleed. That way they can honor the divine Womban in me. Lol  ) <3 <3 <3 


No comments:

Post a Comment