Monday, September 12, 2011

To The People

I read this a few weeks ago at an open mic, the response was great!


Alright, so this is going to require a bit of audience interaction... I need your help here, so don't leave me hanging. Help me out, and participate. Got it? Good. Here we go...

Do you trust our government to do what is best for the people in our country?

You do realize that this is "our" country right? Well, do you?

Yes, it is Our country.

Do you love our country?

I do. I love our country, and I love the people who live here. The strong ones, the week ones, the under paid and over worked ones, the over paid and under worked ones, the ones living on the streets, the ones living in houses too big for seven families to live in and yet house only one broken family.

I love the ones that fight, the ones that sing, the ones that dance, the ones that sit all alone at lunch, the ones that feel all alone all the time, and the ones that never let themselves be alone for fear that they might have to get to know themselves.

I love all those that work 9-5 just trying to stay alive, and those that "play" all day doing what they love and somehow make much more than enough to survive, but enough to fully thrive!

I love the ones that run. The ones that race. The ones that ski down slopes that I think are absolutely insane. The ones that jump out of planes. The ones that say yes to erradicating their fears. The ones that say yes to this year after year after year.

I love the ones that can't pronounce my name because they came from lands far away, because they remind me how little I get to see of the world today. I love that they are here adding culture to this land. I love all of those who reach out their hands, and welcome these people from far away. The ones who reinforce their hope that they have a chance to start life in a new way.

I love the ones that are crying for the ones that are dying. I love the ones that are dying. The ones that have just passed, and the ones that are long gone. I love the ones that are to come, and the ones that are on their way, and especially those that chose to enter the world today! Hopefully they will have a chance at living life in a much cleaner, more balanced, and healthier way.

I love all those that care for children. Now I'm not just saying all the Mom's and the Dad's, I love them too, but I am also loving on all those that overstand the importance of their care and would not know what to do if the children were'nt there. The ones that guide all our young ones in love and light. The ones that teach them they have their rights. The ones that provide a place for them to live. The ones that unconditionally give and give and give and give.

I love every Gramndma, and Grandpa. I love every brother, every sister, every aunt and every uncle. I love every long lost relative who shows up scared at some family memebers door. I love all the step siblings, and half siblings, and all the siblings who have never felt like they have had a brother or a sister.
I love the ones that take pills to keep the pain away. I love the ones that walk around playing with or talking on their cell phones all day. I love the ones that never make eye contact, no matter how awkward it gets. I love the ones that look in my eyes and I can feel them inside of my chest.
I love the ones that just keep on going. I love the ones that ride motorcycles. The ones that stand for what they believe in. The ones that live life to the fullest. The ones that drive really big trucks with pictures of eagles soaring on the back window. The ones that drive really little electric cars and remind me of circus clowns, and that we should be more conscious of how we impact our environment.

I love those that fear death. Those that fear life. Those that fear fear. And Those that don't have fear.
I love all the Hip Hop heads that are breakin' dj'n mc'n graffiti writin' and speading some much needed knowledge. I love the smelly gutter Punks spangin' on the street corners, the Bluegrass listenin' overall wearing barefoot dancin' Hippies, the dreadlock Rasta's, the covert Rasta's, the Metal Heads, the Gangsta Rappers, the Techno Tweekers, and the country rock stars.

I love all the people in this country because America would not be America if it weren't for all of those that live here.
So, I love those that stand for Freedom. The ones that obliterate all falacies that our government tries to feed us on a daily basis. The ones that "rebel". The revolutionaries. Those that choose not to stand in line. Those that color outside the lines. Those that homeschool. Those that are trying to make public school something more than a conditioning device. And all those that don't run away, but choose to stay here and change the way we live.

So, now I ask you, Do you trust the people of this country to change the way we allow our government to operate?

Do you think that it is going to miraculously happen someday with no effort, and with out seriously education ourselves as to what our government is actually doing right now, instead of what they are trying to make us believe they are doing?

No.

So what do you think you can do to BE THE CHANGE THAT YOU WISH TO SEE IN THIS WORLD?

Yeah, I'll rock my style like Ghandi and fight for nothing, yet stand for everything I believe in.
Start small, start huge. Just start. That's all that matters. Start doing something to be the change! I guarentee your childrens children will thank you.

PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment