Monday, September 12, 2011

Why Are We So Afraid Of Love?

As I journey throught this walk in this body, in this time, I am finding that I am re-encountering the same question over and over... Why are we all so afraid of love? I mean it is the most powerful healing force and singularly the only vibration that creates, sustains, animates, etc... life.

I dive into Love. From 50 foot high cliffs and never think about the rocks that may or may not lie beneath the surface of the waters that appear so peaceful from the vantage I peer out from. I step into Love as I welcome a feather blanket on a dew frozen morning after a day of scorching heat.

Why are there so many thoughts when Love is involved? Why do we fear so much? Why are there so many if's? Why have we been so hurt by people in the past, and why have we allowed that pain to prevent us from feeling Love so deeply? Why do we not love ourselves enough to accept Love in full unconditionally from the source? Why when Love is presented to us do we question? Why do I feel like I am alone in this passionate drive to run with arms wide open, and more importantly heart wide open, into the arms of Love? Why are there so many questions? What are we questioning when we turn our side to the hug of Love? Why do we not connect on the deepest level possible when we feel Love? Why do we run? Why do we run? Why do we run? What is this fear all about?

Are we afraid that if we say yes to Love that we will get hurt, that we will experience something more painful than we have ever experienced before? Are we denying Love becuase we are scared that we may feel a discomfort? In my experience discomfort is a sign of an oportunity to grow. When the seed knows that it is time to send forth a root, do you not think it is scared? Do you not think that it is fearing everything will be lost? It is. And it could be. But is the pain of not knowing what could have been worth the pain of eventually realizing that we were asleep on the porch of life, and Love, and all we had to do was knock. All we have to do is knock... And of this I am not even convinced... Maybe we don't even have to knock, maybe the front door is wide open and we are so scared that we sit there watching and wishing we had the guts to live that full of an existence. Perfect example: the bar. Those dancing, and those wishing they had the courage to get up and dance.

Where are all the warriors in Love? Where are all those that fear nothing? Where are all those that stand full of life and embrace fully the unknown aspects of Love? The fear of Love? The vast expansiveness of Love? Where are all my people at? Am I alone in my ability to dive knowing that if there are jagged rocks waiting for me upon my entrance to those seemingly peaceful waters below that I will be torn to sheds in graditude of the Love that I was able to experience during my oh so perfectly preformed Swan dive to meet those jaws of rock below?

Is it better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all? YES!!!!! And is it better to Love than to run in fear? Yes!!!!!!!!!

It is here that I will state that I am in Love. With Love. I do not have a vision of a union with one man. I do not see that there is one man that can handle every level of Lauren, nor do I expect that I will encounter one. But, I do see that there are many of us that turn our side to Love when it comes running to us like a child whom has not seen there mother for a week and has been crying for her for days on end. I wish to be the mother that opens fully to that child of Love knowing that that same child may turn again and leave thinking there are better things out there. I wish to be the mother that real-eyeses that someday that child of Love will return with tears in eyes professing the Love that they were so scared to profess so many years and times ago. I am the mother. I am the child. I am the communication between the two. I am so tired of feeling the tip of the iceburg of Love and having the Ocean ever so gently wisk that mountain of frozen ice out of my grasp so that I am left wondering what the entire being looked like in its state of wholeness under the waters surface.

When Love comes to your door and asks you if you would like a little more, give this a try... not only do you open your door wide and say come inside, you draw Love a nice warm bath and offer Love a glass of wine to sip as you serenade Love bathing naked in the seat of your soul...

Oh Love, you are such a simple creature, how can we make you so complex?

Love is running full blast into your heart all the time. Take your arms from acrost your chest and lay them down by your sides. Let your heart be exposed. Let you heart be the quintessential "X" on the treasure map of life, and not only that, give the map bearer a well sharpened shovel with which they will dig to the center of your soul and spirit only for both of you to realize you have held the treasure all along... acceptance of Love, Unconditionaly, For Iver!

Bless Bless Bless

Love Love Love

No comments:

Post a Comment